PARK CITY, Utah — This art exhibit will take place September 22–24 at the Miners Hospital Community Center, located at 1354 Park Avenue, Park City. After over four decades of living in Park City, Peg Bodell said “I’m not looking to reinvent myself but rather return to my artistic roots with an even better story to tell.”
She said back in the 80s they were individual artists and set up shows of their own. Today it’s difficult. There is no place for starting artists anymore. When she participated in the Park City Arts Festival in 1983, she said, “this is not for me” and was lucky enough to find other spaces, even studio space on Main Street.
Now local artists have a hard time finding studio space and exhibit space. “I would like the Miner’s Hospital utilized for individual artists every weekend,” Bodell said. She and her daughter started creating art together during Covid and decided to set up this show with their friends to see if the venue would work out for artists. Bodell, who used to teach art classes on Main Street has many ideas on how to reinject local artists into downtown Park City, in particular, Main Street.
At this exhibit, all the artists will be present. These local artists represent nine different types of media. The public is invited to stop by, get to know the artists and explore the local art scene.
- Marianne Cone – acrylic painting
- Blossom Murray – mixed media
- James Burt – acrylic pours and murals
- Steve Johnson – silver and rare stone jewelry
- Lone Vilnius – fiber and assemblage
- Sandy Glynn – quilting
- Mark Maziarz – photography
- Sundyn Woolf – encaustic, mixed media
- Peg Bodell – dyes & wax, oil, acrylic, encaustic
Dates and Times
- Friday, September 22 from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Saturday, September 23 from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Sunday, September 24 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.