Monster Drawing Rally opens applications to artists

PARK CITY, Utah. – The Arts Council of Park City & Summit County and Kimball Art Center team up to host its fifth-annual Monster Drawing Rally. They are currently accepting artist applications.

The event will be held outside on July 10 at Kimball Art Center’s new location, 1251 Kearns Blvd.

“We are thrilled to bring this creative, inspiring, and energetic event back in 2021,” noted Arts Council’s executive director Jocelyn Scudder. “This is one of our favorite events of the year, and has come to be a community favorite as well. We encourage both emerging and established artists to apply—it’s a wonderful opportunity for local artists to create, network with fellow creatives, and meet potential new collectors.”

On the night of July 10, artists sign up for one or two 50-minute shifts creating artwork. Pieces must be two-dimensional, and the maximum size is 11×17 inches. Finished pieces are available for purchase when the 50-minute session is over; all pieces will sell for $50. Any art piece with more than one bidder will be decided by random draw.

“Not knowing who will win the artwork adds to the fast-paced nature of this event,” noted Scudder. “Winners are determined by luck of the draw, not how much they can pay, which we feel adds to the suspense and also our mission—to provide art access to everyone in our community.”

“Our mission at Kimball Art Center is to connect and inspire through art,” says Aldy Milliken, Kimball Art Center executive director. “We love partnering with the Arts Council on the Monster Draw Rally as we welcome our local creative community and audiences to the new space. Along with our exhibitions, there is art for everyone to enjoy and experience.”

The event will follow all COVID-19 related health guidelines set by Summit County, and both organizations are working to ensure the safety of artists and patrons. Organizers recommend all event patrons wear masks.

Monster Draw participating artists can contribute one art piece to the event’s silent auction. Artists set the price for their artwork and receive 60% of the final bid price, with the remaining 40% split between the two nonprofit organizations.

Artist applications are accepted through June 10. Applications can be submitted at

You May Also Like
TownLift Is Brought To You In Part By These Presenting Partners.

Add Your Organization