Enter for a chance to win a local holiday shopping spree. Over $12,000 in prizes from 30+ local businesses presented by the Park City Chamber of Commerce.
Shred For Red now aspires to raise $1 million, a goal that once seemed unattainable but now appears within reach.
PARK CITY, Utah — TownLift has teamed up with the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) to participate in the Shred For Red campaign, a dedicated effort to combat blood cancers on the slopes.
As of Giving Tuesday the Townlift Shred for Red team has raised over $5,000 and has doubled our fundraising goal of $2,500. We welcome our readers to donate to our team and help Shred for Red reach their goal of $1,000,000 in the fight against blood cancers.
This annual event, now in its sixth year, has transitioned from its grassroots origins to a nationally recognized initiative, endorsed by the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Scheduled on December 2, coinciding with the opening day of Deer Valley Resort, Shred For Red stands as both a crucial fundraiser and an opportunity to raise essential funds for blood cancer research while also bolstering public awareness about these diseases, all taking place on the slopes.
In the last two years, LLS picked up Shred For Red as one of its national athletic events, garnering more national attention for this local day of skiing and fundraising. Since its inception, the event has grown exponentially.
The success of Shred For Red can be measured not only by its local popularity but also by the remarkable amounts it has raised. In its inaugural year, the event raised an impressive $70,000. Fast forward to last year, and the event came close to $500,000.
With this extraordinary trajectory, Shred For Red now aspires to raise $1 million, a goal that once seemed unattainable but now appears within reach.
Shred For Red combines the joy of skiing at Deer Valley Resort with a deep commitment to supporting the fight against blood cancers. The event is renowned for its exciting features, including:
- Deer Valley Resort’s Sponsorship: As a presenting sponsor, Deer Valley Resort plays a pivotal role in hosting this event on mountain and with a lavish après ski party held at Snow Park Lodge.
- Olympian Engagement: Two-time Olympian Bryan Fletcher, who is also a leukemia survivor, takes charge of the Olympians’ participation in the event. Top fundraising teams are paired up with an Olympian for the day; this year’s Olympians are Shannon Bahrke Happe, Alex Izykowski, Emily Cook, Taylor Fletcher, Paralympian Chris Waddell, Devin Logan, and DJ Jarrett (with potential for more to join).
- Scavenger Hunt: The event features on-mountain challenges, including a creative scavenger hunt involving strategically placed placards. Participants embark on a photo scavenger hunt, adding an element of team bonding and friendly competition to the day.
- VIP Breakfast at St. Regis Deer Valley: Shred for Red acknowledges its top fundraisers with a VIP breakfast at the St. Regis Deer Valley.
- Race Course Access: Normally priced at $35 per skier, the event grants exclusive access to the race course, adding an exhilarating element to the day’s activities.
To participate in Shred For Red, individual skiers and teams can register and fundraise, with a minimum fundraising of $500 per participant. This contribution includes a lift ticket, a participant bib, access to the après-ski party, and participation in the on-mountain challenges.
Shred For Red shines a spotlight on an honored hero each year, symbolizing the resilience and strength of those fighting blood cancers. This year, seven-year-old Reilly is the inspiring face of the campaign. Reilly is actively fighting leukemia and brings an undeniable spirit to the event.
The fundraising season is in full swing, with the goal of expanding teams and involving more individuals in the event. Every contribution, whether through participation or support, brings the event closer to achieving the $1 million goal and making a real difference in the fight against blood cancers. At the time of this publication, Shred For Red teams have raised over $330,000 toward its $1 million goal.
We at TownLift welcome our readers to donate to our team and help Shred for Red.