Pinebrook Fire Safety Committee to host community-wide wildfire season prep event
SUMMIT PARK, Utah — On Saturday, May 20, the Pinebrook Fire Safety Committee will host a community fire safety event from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Pinebrook Park. Park City Fire District and Summit County experts will be speaking and sharing information to prepare Pinebrook and greater Park City area residents tips to prepare for wildfire season. The organization is also bringing in a food truck so attendees won’t go hungry.
“While this event is targeted to members of the Pinebrook community, we would welcome additional Summit County residents who would like to take advantage of this unique educational event,” said Joan Meixner, Pinebrook Fire Safety Committee Education Events Chair.
Topics to be covered include:
- Defensible Space – How can the Park City Fire Department help?
- Emergency Notification Systems – How do they work, and are you registered?
- Planning for Evacuations – Are you familiar with Pinebrook’s two-page evacuation planning document?
- Community Engagement – Learn about the Fire Safety Committee and how to get involved.
- Weed Issues – What we all should want to know!
Between 11 a.m. and noon, speakers will discuss the organizations they represent and how they can assist homeowners as they prepare for fire season. These organizations include:
- Summit County Emergency Management
- Park City Fire District
- Summit County Fire Warden’s Office
- Pinebrook Fire Safety Committee
In addition, local arborists, tree service companies, and foresters will be attending and hosting information tables. High Valley Transit and Basin Recreation have agreed to join and host tables to provide information about their programs to the community.