PARK CITY, Utah. — Brazen theft, brandishing a weapon, and beauty supplies highlight the calls for service to the Park City Police Department (PCPD) and the Summit County Sheriff’s Department (SCSD) for the week of April 26 to May 3.
- A homeless camp was located by PCPD officers east of the Rail Trail next to the Christian Center. The camp appeared to be a few weeks old and the area was cleaned up.
- A theft was reported to the SCSD at The Cosmetics Company Store at the outlets. Two unknown suspects were observed via surveillance taking items from the store and an inventory revealed more than $1000 worth of items missing. The suspects were not identified.
- Firefighters at the North Summit Fire, Coalville Station called the SCSD to report a trailer missing from behind the fire station. There were no cameras in the area.
- SCSD deputies responded to the Kimball Jct. Transit Center for a report of threats with a knife. The victim reported that a man accosted him in regard to a missing backpack, and then displayed a large folding knife. The man with the knife, who was found to have a warrant for his arrest was arrested without incident and booked into Summit County jail on the charge of brandishing a weapon.
- In a follow-up to Friday’s weapon brandishing case, SCSD deputies received a phone call from the victim stating that he had briefly set down his daypack, which contained fishing equipment, by the door and then went inside. An unknown suspect stole the backpack.
- A small group of five to six people gathered outside the Kamas office of the health department. It was reported to the SCSD that the group would approach individuals who were there to receive the COVID vaccine in an attempt to dissuade them from receiving the vaccine. The group was reported to be “pushy” at times but did not engage in any illegal activity.