PARK CITY, Utah — Local outdoor enthusiasts and trail users are encouraged to plan ahead for impacts caused by the Park City Point 2 Point MTB race this Saturday, September 2.
The all-day event will cover 75 miles of trails all across town. All trails will be open, however, if you would like to avoid event congestion you can do so by planning ahead and avoiding areas where most of the race participants will be.
If you are using trails BEFORE NOON
Those intending to use trails in the morning should explore the areas around Park City Mountain, Canyons Village, and Utah Olympic Park.
If you are using the trails AFTER 1 p.m.
For those planning to hit the trails in the afternoon, it’s recommended to stick to routes around Deer Valley Resort, Round Valley, and Lost Prospector.
Full Course trail map is available here.
The race organizers have provided a rough estimate of how the race will progress throughout the day:
- 7 a.m. start at Quinn’s Junction Recreation Complex (Round Valley Trails)
- 7:45–8:15 a.m. racers will make their way back through the Quinn’s complex (crossing the road in front of the Ice Rink)
- 8–9:30 a.m. racers will make their way up Skid Row and into the Lost Prospector Trail System, all racers into Lower Deer Valley at Deer Crest by 10 a.m.
- 9:30 a.m.-12 p.m. racers will make their way through the Deer Valley Area and start heading towards Park City Mountain Resort
- 11:30 a.m.-3 p.m. racers will be making their way across to PCMR on Johns 99 (field spreading out now); the trail descends, ascends, and then descends again to land at the bottom of First Time Lift – first riders will arrive here around 11:30 potentially with the majority coming through around 1:45 p.m.
- 3:30 p.m. is our cutoff time for leaving the PCMR base area. So last riders will leave right up to the 3:30 p.m. mark.
- 1:30 p.m. at the Utah Olympic Park, we may have already seen our first rider cross the finish line by this time. Most racers will finish in the window between 3–5 p.m.
For the front-of-the-pack fast racers, here are the approximate timings at key points along the route:
Out of Round Valley: 7:45 a.m.
Aerie Road Crossing: 8 a.m.
Mellow Mtn Road Crossing: 8:15 a.m.
Solamere Road Crossing: 8:30 a.m.
Top Deer Crest Gate: 8:45 a.m.
Through Silver Lake @ Deer Valley: 9:15 a.m.
TG trail off Guard Road: 10 a.m.
Park City Mountain Resort Base Area: 11:15 a.m.
Support #3 Colony on Mid Mtn Trail: 12 p.m.
Finish at Kimball Junction (Skullcandy Bldg): 1 p.m.