Summer Adventure offers unforgettable, week-long, themed camps for kids and CITs
PARK CITY, Utah — Summer camps in Park City are a hot commodity and many fill up faster than you can say summer vacation. Summer Adventure, sponsored by Park City Community Church (PCCC), offers week-long themed adventure camps from June through August for all kids, regardless of religious affiliation. Each week features a different theme and accommodates up to 45 rising kindergarten through rising fifth-grade children.
Summer Adventure also invites rising sixth through ninth graders looking to learn leadership skills to join the Counselors-in-Training (CIT) program. The program includes a free 2-day overnight training June 8-9.
“I really want families to know that this is not a daycare; this is a legitimate, full-on memorable, traditional camp experience,” said Youth Director Katie Richards. “We have incredible activities like aerial yoga, belayed climbing challenges, a live-action-role play game featuring magical creatures, and heaps of STEM activities. It’s really so much fun! And we have some very impressive staff with backgrounds in outdoor education, theater, and early childhood development.”
Campers and CITs can be registered online. Scholarship opportunities are also available for families; applicants will be contacted within two weeks regarding the amount of assistance PCCC can offer. Scholarship recipients may choose from any available camp sessions after their application has been approved. Households that have been approved for a scholarship may apply that discount to all children within the household for up to two weeks of camp per child.
- June 12-16
- Down on the Farm— Experience a petting zoo right here at camp! Visit local farms. Discover the farmer’s market, where we’ll shop for ingredients for a summer picnic.
- June 19-23
- Circus Arts— Swing from our aerial yoga hammocks. Learn hula hooping, juggling, poi, and magic tricks.
- June 26-30
- Shipwrecked— Dive into a week of treasure hunts, stand-up paddle boarding, fort building, flag making with glue batik, and of course, we’ll be playing one of our favorite games: Pirate Waiter.
- July 3, 5-7
- Forbidden Forest— Create a tiny village of gnome homes, weave wizard hats and enchanted crowns, and climb the tallest beanstalk (we’re talking crate stacking, baby!)
- July 10-14
- Junior Ranger— Collect badges all week as you learn: shelter building, first aid, plant and wildlife facts, try plein air painting, and camp cooking! You’ll also earn an authentic Leave No Trace certificate.
- July 17-21
- Top Chef— Compete for ingredients. Throw a dinner party and talent show. Get your bake on with a real-life NAILED IT competition!
- July 24-28
- 3, 2, 1… ACTION!— Find your role as an actor, director, script writer, camera operator or set designer! We’ll have fun making our own short films and at the end of the week, we’ll celebrate with a premiere complete with red carpet and paparazzi!
- July 31-August 4
- The Detective Collective— Put on your detective hats for this week of dusting for fingerprints, cracking codes, deciphering hidden messages, a murder mystery party and more!
- August 7-11
- Amazing Race— Are you game for a week of adventurous challenges, daring activities, brain teasers and a town-wide scavenger hunt? Get ready, get set, GO!
Summer Adventure is looking for one to two more counselors to round out its team for a great summer camp season. Lead Counselors are offered room and board, a Basin Recreation gym membership as well as a $4,000 stipend for the summer. Rising high school juniors and seniors are invited to apply to be an Assistant Counselor.
Contact Katie Richards at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
You must be logged in to post a comment.