Top Stories

Gas explosion at the Montage Deer Valley Yurt injures five, four sent to the hospital

PARK CITY, Utah — On March 22, around 2:10 p.m., an explosion occurred at the Montage Deer Valley Yurt. Park City Fire District dispatched emergency personnel to the scene. Four patients were transported to a local hospital with minor injuries, and another patient was released on the scene.

The explosion caused a small fire near the edge of the yurt and was extinguished by Montage Deer Valley personnel prior to emergency crews arriving on the scene. The actions of Montage Deer Valley personnel to quickly extinguish the fire was commended by the Park City Fire District.

The cause of the fire was deemed to be likely a gas leak that was fed by a nearby propane tank, according to Park City Fire District Fire Marshal Mike Owens.

Fire Marshal Owens said in a statement, “it is important for anyone using liquefied petroleum gas in enclosed areas to make sure that all equipment is used in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions and that the equipment is checked on a regular basis.”

 

You May Also Like
TownLift Is Brought To You In Part By These Presenting Partners.
Advertisement

Add Your Organization

2,840 views