Community

Patients ‘lucky to be alive’ after PCFD finds high carbon monoxide levels in home

PARK CITY, Utah — The Park City Fire District reminded residents to check their smoke and carbon monoxide detectors after it responded to a home with high CO levels yesterday.

PCFD Medic Engine 38, Ambulance 38, and Engine 31 responded to a report of patients with potential CO poisoning early yesterday morning. Upon arrival, Medic Engine 38 found extremely high levels of CO within the home.

Multiple patients were transported to hospital for treatment, and are “very lucky to be alive,” according to a statement from the PCFD. The patients’ two dogs were taken to the neighbors.

“It is a good reminder to check your smoke and CO detectors in your home,” said a statement from the PCFD. “Carbon monoxide poisoning occurs when carbon monoxide builds up in your bloodstream. When too much carbon monoxide is in the air, your body replaces the oxygen in your red blood cells with carbon monoxide. This can lead to serious tissue damage, or even death. Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless, tasteless gas.”
If you believe you may have carbon monoxide poisoning, immediately find fresh air and seek emergency medical care.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

You May Also Like
TownLift Is Brought To You In Part By These Presenting Partners.
Advertisement

Add Your Organization

904 views