BROOMFIELD, Colo. — On Monday, Vail Resorts, which owns Park City Mountain and Canyons ski resorts in Park City, announced its safety protocols for the 2021-22 season.
“We are fortunate that the core of our experience takes place outdoors in vast mountain settings,” said Rob Katz, chairman and chief executive officer of Vail Resorts. “However, as we welcome guests from around the world to the indoor experience at our resorts, we feel it’s important to do our part to combat the spread of COVID-19. We all need the opportunity to enjoy and experience the great outdoors, and we could not be more excited to welcome guests back to our resorts for the 2021-22 ski and ride season.”
The key details:
- There will not be a mountain reservation system
- Lifts and gondolas will operate at normal capacity
- Masks are not required outside unless required by local public health
- Face coverings will be required in indoor settings
- Guests will be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccinations to dine at indoor, on-mountain quick-service (cafeteria-style) restaurants.
- All Vail Resorts employees will be required to have COVID-19 vaccinations
The season at Park City Mountain will begin on November 19.
All safety protocols are fully outlined in Vail Resorts’ Winter Operating Plan.