Guardsman Pass, Tollgate Canyon, and the Bonanza Tunnel highlight the calls for service made to the Park City Police Department (PCPD) and the Summit County Sheriff’s Department (SCSD) for the week of May 10 to May 17.
- PCPD officers responded to the parking lot of the Snow Creek Liquor Store to address a car that was parked in the disabled spot and taking up three parking spaces.
- SCSD deputies investigated a catalytic converter that had been cut out of the exhaust system of a Ford F-350 parked at a business on Rasmussen Rd. The theft was reported when workers showed up to start the truck in the morning.
- Suspicious activity was reported to the PCPD when a red pick-up truck pulled into the driveway of a house that’s under construction in Summit County. People had gotten out of the truck and took a bunch of windows out of the garage.
- A Coyote sighting was reported to the PCPD near the Park Meadows Golf Course. It had been there for over an hour and was thought to be injured.
- No injuries occurred to a resident or his child when his car rolled over off the side of Tollgate Canyon Rd. SCSD deputies assisted afterward when the man told deputies he became distracted by his child and looked away from the road, when he looked back his vision was obstructed by the sun, and he failed to negotiate a turn in the road. The car rolled down a steep slope about thirty feet and stopped on its roof. They both had their seat belts on.
- A woman reported to the SCSD that while her car was parked at Willow Creek Park, someone opened the door and stole her purse. She didn’t notice that the purse was missing until she got home to Heber.
- PCPD Officers responded to assist an intoxicated man who had fallen from the North Marsac Parking Lot down the hill approximately 10 ft. and was in and out of consciousness. He was transported via ambulance to the hospital.
- A mischief call came into the PCPD that there was graffiti in the pedestrian Bonanza Tunnel at Bonanza Dr. and Iron Horse Dr.
- A woman called the PCPD for assistance as she’d been locked behind the gate at Guardsman Pass.
- Near the Silver King Mine, PCPD officers helped locate a man who called in saying he was stuck in the snow, on foot, and wearing black clothing. Coordinates were utilized in the search.
- In a hallway on Main St., a man who was experiencing homelessness was sleeping and was contacted by PCPD officers.