SALT LAKE CITY — The Eastbound I-80 off-ramp to 2300 East will be closed from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. tonight for roadwork.
During the road closure, drivers can exit Eastbound I-80 at 1300 East.
Additional construction projects throughout the Sugar House area are expected to continue throughout the fall.
According to the Salt Lake City Mayor’s Office, construction on two intersections in the Sugar House area is expected to begin in September. Throughout October, the intersection of Highland Drive and 2100 will be reduced to one lane in all directions, with limited left turns while crews replace underground utilities and reconstruct the intersection.
Construction between 1400 East and Highland Drive will also begin in September, to replace a 100-year-old sewer line in the area. This will impact the 1300 East and 2100 South intersection. Sewer line replacement will continue west toward Highland Drive, and extend east of 1400 East to Yuma Street into 2024.
“Sugar House streets and utilities are aged and in need of replacement,” said Lynn Jacobs, SLC Transportation project manager. “We’re improving the area by adding safe and comfortable facilities for all kinds of travel choices on these major routes. We’re coinciding the impacts from these two projects to reduce the overall time that traffic is impacted on 2100 South.”
The Mayor’s Office expects the following construction impacts though October:
- Reduced to one lane east- and west-bound between 900 East and 1400 East day and night.
1300 East intersection:
- Lane restrictions on 2100 South & 1300 East during the day and at night.
- 2 left-turn lanes from westbound 2100 South to 1300 East.
- Left turn modifications and/or restrictions at the 1300 East/2100 South intersection.
- Partial intersection closures at night while crews work through the intersection for up to 4 weeks.
Highland Drive intersection:
- 1 lane east and westbound on 2100 South
- Southbound Highland Drive to eastbound left turns maintained, but all others closed.
- Right turns will be allowed and southbound 1100 East traffic will be maintained through the intersection during the day.
- Intermittent business and residential access interruptions.