DEER VALLEY, Utah— Summer seems official when concerts begin at Deer Valley Resort’s Snow Park Outdoor Amphitheater.
June 30 will feature tunes such as Gershwin’s piano concerto “Rhapsody in Blue,” movie favorites by John Williams and many other popular American classics.
Other program highlights include:
- SMITH/KEY: “Star Spangled Banner”
- PETER BOYER: “Celebration Overture”
- LOWDEN: “Armed Forces Salute”
- JOHN WILLIAMS: “Cowboys Overture”
- PETER BOYER: “Rhapsody in Red, White, and Blue” (World Premiere)
- GERSHWIN/R.R. BENNETT: Suite from “Porgy and Bess”
- GERSHWIN/: “Rhapsody in Blue”
- SOUSA: “Stars and Stripes Forever”
Spanish Nights with Pablo Sáinz-Villegas will kick off July with a musical departure to old-century Spain with Pablo Sáinz Villegas, a global icon of Spanish guitar, and experience the heartfelt emotions of his virtuosic music. From the cheeky tango “Libertango” by Astor Piazzolla, to danceable serenades like Abreu’s “Tico-Tico” and Boccherini’s “Fandango,” Villegas’ irresistible exuberance will take you on a melodious journey of danceable favorites that are sure to get you out of your seat.
Performances begin at 7:30 p.m. For a complete schedule visit https://deervalleymusicfestival.org/.
Reminder: Due to a change in resort licensing, no outside alcohol will be permitted in Deer Valley’s Snow Park Outdoor Amphitheater. The venue will now offer expanded food and beverage offerings, including the sale of wine and beer in multiple concession outlets.