SUMMIT COUNTY, Utah — Fireworks are banned in 84060, however, there are currently no rules for unincorporated Summit County.
Here are some safety tips from Park City Fire District if you plan to discharge fireworks this weekend (reminder: they are allowed July 2 – 5 from 11 a.m. – 11 p.m., with hours extended to midnight on the 4th):
- Always follow the recommendations of the firework manufacturer.
- Keep a 30 foot clearance area in all directions from the base of the device, with unimpeded clearance over head (Trees, awnings, etc.).
- Have a bucket of water nearby to place spent fireworks in for at least 12 hours before discarding into a garbage can.
- Parents are strongly encouraged to supervise children while using fireworks, and no one under 16 may purchase fireworks.
- Should a firework misfire or not light, do not attempt to re-ignite and do not place in water.
- Never use fireworks during windy conditions or near fields areas.
- Brace all aerial cakes with noncombustible weight items to avoid tipping.
Have a safe and fun holiday weekend!