PARK CITY, Utah — It’s that time once again for the Fall Trail Series, held within various trail systems at the Utah Olympic Park to benefit the nonprofit Park City Ski and Snowboard Team (PCSS).
Open to runners and hikers of all abilities. Full distance races range from four miles to six miles, with a youth event for 12 and younger around one mile. Points are awarded at each event toward Series awards. Food and swag are available at each event.
Jana Dalton, PCSS Development Director, told TownLift, “This is a great series in the time of year and the time of day and the time within the week for locals to participate in. This four run trail series is not only a great opportunity to get out on Park City’s beautiful trails and experience the changing fall foliage, but it is also an opportunity to give back to a local community organization supporting winter youth athletes. The Thursday evening races are a great way to end a work week and kick-off weekend activities. The last race on October 14th is the iconic Ski Jump Challenge up the K120 jump at the Utah Olympic Park. This is truly a unique opportunity you cannot find elsewhere and will certainly test your fitness.”
DATES & TRAILS (SUBJECT TO CHANGE)
- Thursday, September 21: Head to the BLT trail and descend to the RTS Trail System before running back up to the Nordic Flats.
- Thursday, September 28: Ascend the tubing access trail to climb above the Olympic Ski Jumps. A quick lap around Legacy Loop before descending Iron Bill’s Trail to the finish.
- Thursday, October 5: Up Iron Bill, across Legacy Loop and down lower Moose Puddle.
- Saturday, October 14: 1:00 p.m. for Ski Jump Challenge, Race up the UOP’s Largest Olympic Ski Jump from bottom to top on the ski jump covered in nets. At the top you will still have another 100 meters to the finish. Adults with the top times in the preliminary heats will go on to the final.
Start Time: 5:30 p.m. for Thursday races. 1:00 p.m. for Ski Jump Challenge
Check-In Times: 4:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. (Thursday races). Noon – 1:00 p.m. (Ski Jump Challenge)
Ages: 4+ (kids race); 9+ (adults race)
Ability: All abilities
- Adults: $120 for all 4 races or $35 for 1 race. AFTER Sept 14: $150 for all 4 races or $40 for 1 race.
- Juniors 9-18 (full distance): $100 for all 4 races or $30 for 1 race. AFTER Sept 14: $120 for all 4 races or $35 for 1 race.
- Kids races (12 and under): $15 per race