The choir has performed at the Temple a few times, years before, over the Martin Luther King Holiday to a similarly large crowd however, the pandemic kept them from returning, until now.
Choir founder and Director Deborah Bonner told TownLift, “Our choir’s members are from all races, all cultures and all faiths, including LDS along with Muslims and others. We all get along so well because we simply sing about love. We’re working on expanding to have a 1,000 voice choir here in Utah. Our whole purpose though is just to share a greater love that helps to bear each other’s burdens.”
The Choir’s performances include:
- Brigham Young University (BYU) Stadium of Fire concert
- Salt Lake Tabernacle at Temple Square
- University of Southern California (USC) next week
- Carnegie Hall booked, forthcoming show in NYC
Friday’s choreographed concerts playlist included:
- America, the Beautiful (belting out “Purple Mountains Majesty” lyric)
- This Little Light of Mine
- The Best is Yet to Come
They’ve already been invited back by Rabbi David Levinsky for a repeat performance next year.