PARK CITY, Utah — Although a bit delayed, spring is officially underway here in Park City. Inhabit founder Julie Snyder is all about spring activities for the whole family and helpful household to-dos before the warm weather really starts to kick in.
Here are Julie’s top handy home hints to prepare for warmer weather:
- Get your AC services before the temperatures rise
- Reseed your lawn
- Plant tomatoes, zucchini, and peppers; they thrive in Utah!
- Replace your HVAC’s air filters
- Seal up doors and windows from spring pests
- Prepare your patio or deck for outdoor enjoyment
So the kiddos can feel included and have some hands-on activities, here are some spring DIYs:
- Plant a butterfly bush! Find one at any of our local Park City greenhouses and gardens. A shrub that adds beauty to any outdoor space, and your kids will love watching all the butterflies gather.
- Start a small herb garden. There is nothing more satisfying than watching a garden grow, other than harvesting one! Herb gardens are easy to take care of and can be planted indoors or outdoors. This a great way to get your kiddos involved in planting and harvesting fresh herbs.
- Host a lemonade stand. It’s hot out there! No better way to cool down that a lemonade stand. Consider donating a portion to a charity of your child’s choosing and be sure to let us know so we can stop by!
- Plan a neighborhood field day. Frisbee, tug-o-war, water balloon toss, need we go on?
- Make a pallet playhouse. Head to your local home and hardware store and grab a few pallets they have lying around (most of the time for free!) You can paint these with your kids and, with supervision, turn them into a fun playhome.
- Pain your old garden pots. The herbs have to grow somewhere!
Mother’s Day is sneaking up on us, so make sure to have a plan in place. What better than to start the day with a luxe brunch at Riverhorse, Stein Eriksen Lodge, Hearth and Hill, or KITA?
Lastly, the Oakley Rodeo tickets are sold out, but make sure to check websites like Facebook and Nextdoor for some on sale! The Oakley Rodeo is a local favorite, so no wonder tickets are already gone.
Julie Snyder is an experienced real estate professional who serves as a lifestyle resource for clients looking to buy or sell in the Park City area, offering luxury real estate services backed by the power of a global brand. The founder of Inhabit Park City and a sales agent at Summit Sotheby’s International Realty, Julie aims to understand her client’s needs and lifestyles before pairing them with carefully curated options that fulfill their criteria and wishes. Julie describes herself as honest, analytical, and passionate. Julie navigates Utah’s competitive real estate market easily by utilizing market data, strong negotiation skills, and effective communication. She views herself as a relocation specialist and proudly shares her deep local knowledge of the area’s schools, neighborhoods, restaurants, clubs, and outdoor experiences.
You must be logged in to post a comment.